Monday 27 April 2015

EVALUATION: QUESTION 2

                                   How does your media product represent particular social groups?



On the left is the original image which I used for my cover page but without the background took out, on the right is a picture from top of ht epos magazine of Ariana Grande. The images are fairly similar in a few ways. One of the ways which was very prominent to me was the fact that they have similar facial expressions! Both Rebecca and Ariana Grande have a cheesy grin and are looking directly into the camera which will engage the reader.

Another thing I noticed was the posture of both the models. They are both stood upright and have a straight posture but are both leaning slightly to the side which could show that they are casual and normal people just like the readers. It also shows they are not 'perfect' which most magazines pot ray celebrities as.

Also, I used the same shot type as the top of the pops shoot as I did my research and realised the majority of shot types are mid-shots to show off the models face. This may result in the audience not being able to relate to the models as they have no spots and have very clear skin as they have been photoshopped. On the other hand, as it is a mid-shot it means the image is at the same level as the reader and could also represent that the models are down to earth and regular just like the audience reading it.

I decided to dress my model in 'up to date clothes' which you can buy from normal shops such as top shop and new look which is generally where my target audience would be able to afford to shop. Also I didn't want to dress my model in provocative clothing as it would not appeal to my younger audience and their parents may not buy it them which may be the case for some of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment